About Me

New York, New York, United States
Rob is the author of New York, New York: So Good They Named it Twice: An Irreverent Guide to Experiencing and LIving in the Greatest City in the World

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Food Delivery

It’s either raining or snowing or icing or freezing rain. I looked out of the window from my Manhattan office and saw something falling from the sky. It was falling at a 45 degree angle designed for maximum annoyance and capable of winning any fight with an umbrella.

The weather is so bad that I decided someone else can bring me my lunch today. I reached this decision at 11.30 am. I was ravenous. I called up a local establishment that I normally walk to once a week to pick up my own lunch. I asked them how long it would take to deliver and they said 45 minutes maximum. It’s now 2pm. No sign of the food. The delivery guy must have gotten lost on his two and a half block walk over here, or is sitting down in a public space in midtown munching on my salad. I hope he enjoys it too. I have eaten so much nosh waiting for my food that I am no longer hungry.

New York City is the delivery capital of the world unless the weather is bad . When that happens, don’t order in food. You start off starving. You end up eating loads of snacks and get very aggravated trying to contact restaurants who don’t answer the phone the minute the first snow flake lands on its sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment